if you have young children and work outside of home, and you manage to leave them out of childcare...

what type of job do you have? A night time job would be most ideal for me since SO works during the day, and we really cant afford daycare or someone to watch ds (he's 2 1/2). Only types of jobs w/ that ideal schedule would be waitressing (but i have a bad back, no experience, not too mention some places ask for other shifts to be worked, not just the one requested) and a 3rd shift (but working night to dawn then being a mom all day would absolutely exhaust me).

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• i may be getting a part time job as a medical assistnat and the days my mom works, a girl i went to high school with offered to keep my kids, no charge GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• work in a daycare or gym where they have a childrens area. then your child can be with you or with other people you work with.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It sounds like you would be better off cutting expenses, going back to school, and getting a better paying job. Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• aly, I was thinking about a gym...I'm a good hula hooper and though I was kinda joking to myself, I was thinking about being a hula hoop instructor for the ymca or something lol
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• rkoloms, I have a BA degree, and we are working on cutting expenses! thanks.
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• When I was working outside the home, my mom watched my baby. I was FT dayshift doing inside sales.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• hotmama I wish I had that availability! my mom is 1500 miles away
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010