Any ideas on what might be happening?

I have been experiencing shooting pains in my chest, arm, neck, back, and kidney area. They come and go but I ususally feel them every day. This has been going on for several months now. I am 47 and overweight. My family also has a history of heart disease. If this was cardiac related, wouldn't it have gotten worse by now? I loathe going to the doctor.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• Please go to the doctor, its better to know, then not to, maybe its noting.
    KeishaWoods

Answer by KeishaWoods at 3:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• go to the doctor! it's the only way to know for sure. If it is something like that, why wait for it to get worse?
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No..cardiac issues can go on for years before they get worse...or not, you could go into cardiac arrest any minute, this is nothing to screw with..my family has a history of heart disease as well, I've had many issues myself, but I walk 6 miles a day 3-6 times a week and take high doses of fish oil and spiruleena because I don't think drugs are the answer, but finding out exactly what issues you are facing is very important whether it be angina, high cholesterol, high bp...whatever it is, find out and be proactive about your health, burying your head in the sand is not good idea at this point, the rest of you may just end up 6 feet under as well.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 3:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Pick up the phone and make that call. You need to be checked out, it could be a bunch of different things. I loathe going to the dr also, but you need to do what you can to feel better.
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Another thing this could be is gallstones if you haven't had your gall bladder removed; PLEASE ask your doctor to look into your symptoms and see if they concur; I had debilitating ones during pregnancy that caused me to LOSE weight while carrying a baby; I went from 136 pounds to 148 pounds then down to 100 and NOT healthy.

It could be either so yes, please, hun, get it checked out!
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 4:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• So, here's the deal.  When I posted the question an hour ago I had all these symptoms......shooting pain in chest, tingling arm, pain in neck.  Now I'm fine.  This is what's so weird. 

Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Call your doctor-right now. Do not delay! Even though you hate going to the doctor, wouldn't it be worth it to save your family from going to your funeral?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010