To the ladies who have had their tubes cut and tied..... adult content

is yalls monthly cycle went from being ok before you had it done to wow its almost unbearable now. I have never had this much cramping before ever!! I also go thru almost 3 boxes of tampons. Just curious if anyone else has changed after their surgery too????

jbond83

Asked by jbond83 at 3:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• I did at first, but after a few months it went back to normal. I used to have debilitating cramps but then after about 3 months they went away completely; it's been 6 yrs as of Sept. 28th and I don't have cramps, very light bleeding, I can get by with panty liners most days instead of the usual super-absorbant over-night pads I had to get before.

How long has it been since your tubal, sweetie? If the cramps aren't relieved with OTC pain meds such as Tylenol/Advil and/or warm compresses, showering/soaking in a tub, or gentle activity/exercise you might need to ask your gyn if there are issues that could be causing the cramping.
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, my cycle changed quite a bit after getting my tubes tied. At first, after my c-section and tubal, I had the most horrible cramps and bled a lot more than usual. Now that my youngest is 16 months old, it's not near as bad.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Nope about the same.

Answer by louise2 at 3:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Google post tubal ligation syndrome some may say there isn't such a thing but many others will disagree
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 3:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No, mine is exactly the same. Maybe a little lighter.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mrs.B3 my son is only 6 months. Hopefully it gets better for me too!! Its so horrible right now!!!
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• NEMommaOf3 the pain meds on slightly relieve me. I only hurt this bad for about the 2nd to 4th day. but still just not used to it cux i never had cramps before i had the surgery. keepin my fingers crossed that it'll go away like other ppl say theirs has. if not i'm gonna head to the doctor
    jbond83

Comment by jbond83 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Google "PTLS" (post tubal ligation syndrome). It is VERY real, and the effects are different from woman to woman. I feel your pain, quite literally.
    In the 3 1/2 years since the procedure was done, the pain has only gotten worse- so has the bleeding, and a host of other symptoms.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I've had nothing change since I had mine done. They are pretty much the same as they were before.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I had my tubal 10 years ago and my periods have gotten horrible. In the last cople of years my pain as gotten to feeling as if im in labor. I have to ask myself is it a period or am i having my 6th child. I can't wait til menopause I'd rather deal with what i hear are hot flashes than pain that feels like labor pain.
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 2:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2010