How do you deal with other kids that don't belong to you

we were at the doctors today, There was this little boy, cute as ever. Yet every time my 23 month old would go for a toy. He would take it. I waited at first for his parent, nobody ever said anything. So then i had enough, I went and sat there and when he would take a toy. I would take it back. Then he got upset and went away.

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 3:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• We are running in to that more and more where the other parent doesn't do the "right thing" -makes you almost want to say why bother what you are doing..but.. we don't. I have done the same thing or taken it back and said we need to share ... someone else was playing with this, when he is done, you can play with it..ugh
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do the same thing. I always look out for my kids.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i think i would do the same thing..i see alot of times at the doc's office ect..where the parents just let their kids do whatever and watch these lil kids take toys from others and their parents just look on like it doesn't matter to them..i don't think they are showing the whole sharing thing very well to their children in my opnion..i think i would of done the exact same thing..it does bother me even when they aren't doing these things with my children..and i see others doing this!
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I never let my Son play with anything at the Doctors office cause you never know what the other kid is there for. But when my Son was in that situation that a child kept taking toys away and the other Parent said nothing, I would merely remove my Son to another area to play with different toys. Sooner or later, it's usually your kid that's taking toys away from another kid but I make a point to correct it if I see it. What irks me is when Moms are too busy talking on their phone or texting to notice that their kid is misbehaving, in that case if my kid is effected, I will loudly say "and what is going on here?" to get the other Moms attention. It works every time.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If the parent isnt watching their kid then someone has to especially if they are doing something like that with your child.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:40 PM on Oct. 28, 2010