how else feels like the president and first lady are treated more like celeberities then the president of the U.S?

Mamii0f2

Asked by Mamii0f2 at 3:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• My personal view.........

JFK was treated like a star.
    Reagan was treated like a star
    Clinton was treated like a star.

A President being treated like a celebrity is nothing new. Being treated like a celebrity in one form or another, comes along with being in the public eye.

With that said........ I personally view the President as a public servant. And feel the President should be treated as such. Yes he is the President, yes he holds the "highest office in the land"..ect. However, he was placed in that office by the American people/their represenatives. I feel more Americans should start viewing and treating our elected officials like the public servants that they are, and start demanding and holding them accountable for doing the jobs that they were hired to do. Instead of getting hired, doing nothing for 1/2 of their term and spending the second 1/2 of their term campaigning for yet another term.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• O likes it that way..hasn't that been obvious?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I agree with you. While we do need to treat them with the respect they deserve with their positions we do not need to have our president/first lady be celebreties. He was elected (hired) to do a job, he is not a movie star.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 3:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, but to be completely fair, all Presidents and First Ladies are treated like celebrities IMO. I really don't care that much.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i think it is disrespectful of the media to hound anyone.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 3:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I agree, it seems to have been ramping up that way since Regan, the only one that really shunned the spotlight were GWB and his wife. I guess it started because Regan was a Hollywood actor, then combine that with the amount of political statements made by Hollywood. Interesting, and detrimental all at the same time.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I've said for a long time he'd rather be a rock star than President. We are all paying the price for that. And, I agree with tnm, he likes all the attention.
    jaycietaylorgma

Answer by jaycietaylorgma at 3:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just thinking about my answer, actually, I guess it started with JFk and his wife. Young pres, beautiful wife, cute toddlers.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 3:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes, sometimes. I'm sure they would like to be able to have some time alone without media cameras in their faces.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The more they have their "let them eat cake" moments exposed while they cry, they are "sitting at the kitchen table making "tough decisions"~ the more their hypocrisy separates themselves from independents who aren't in aww over them.. Glow-bama is fading... It's time to get down to the REAL issues.... jmo..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010