I just found out I am having a boy, but I was hoping and wishing for a girl, how can I deal with this gender disapointment?

I have 3 boys already and 1 girl, she is 5, and she so much wanted to have a little sister. And to see her disappointed, makes me so sad. I also wanted a little girl so much, I was looking forward to go shopping with my daughter for little dresses and everything pink:( I am just venting, I know I should be happy no matter what gender it is, as long as it is healthy..but I just can't help to feel like this at times. Any advise for me to accept it and just get over it already?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• There's nothing you can do to "make yourself" get over it. You either will or won't.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 3:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well you already have your girl. Seriously, healthy, happy, baby is all that matters. I don't feel anyone should have kids just to get the gender they want.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just give it time. Its ok to feel a it disappointed just dont broadcast it to all your family and friends. In time it will pass.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Listen to my best friend sob over the fact that she tried for 7 years to get pregnant, couldn't get pregnant, but had to have a hysterectomy. That should do it!!!

Seriously...please be content that you have 4 BABIES TO LOVE....PERIOD!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i think it will be ok... with time :)
    mnmommy83

Answer by mnmommy83 at 3:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i CAN RELATE.. I KNEW i was having a girl, so to find out I was pregnant with a boy, was well shocking at first.. It faded - it will get better with time... you will love this one like the rest of the herd lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was also a little disappointed when I found out my 5th was going to be a boy, and for the same reason that I felt like it would have been nice for my daughter to have a sister. She's pretty outnumbered. And of course not only did I feel disappointed but guilty for feeling that way. But it's normal and OK. Don't beat yourself up over it. You'll love him the same as all the rest. I was just careful not to let on to my boys that I was disappointed because I didn't want to make them feel like I like my daughter better or anything like that.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 4:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I wanted a boy, but now I have a girl. When I found out, it didn't bother me at all. I actually got even more excited. I'm as happy as I can be.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I know how u feel I had 5 boys before I had a girl.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It will take time. Your feelings are valid! When you hold the baby in your arms it gets better.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010