Ignorance (sp?)

Does anyone else agree that this country is going to far with the level of ignorance from other cultures/nationalities? Im talking the language barrier. I know America welcomes everyone and that means languages, but do you agree that its rediculous that ppl are getting too stubborn to learn OUR language??? Why does our NATIONAL Anthem now have a Spanish version?? I am getting fed up with the ignorance. And I'm not talking about visitors/tourists. What do you think?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• First of all, noone is asking them to abandon their culture. But if this continues, what they are inevitably doing is asking us to abandon ours. People are so busy trying to be politically correct and trying so hard not to discriminate against the so called minorities that they have ended up doing just that, except they are doing it to those of us who were born in this country. It's reverse discrimination disguised as political correctness. But for some reason that's okay. Meanwhile, our lives are going down the tubes so that we can accomidate these people because not offending someone is more important that speaking the truth.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 4:02 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Note that I am not a racist and love our countries diversity, but I get frustrated when I cant understand the ppl that live here for most of their lives
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree, it's getting ridiculous.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree completely!....In the great state of California we are getting overrun by this...the stores are putting all the aisle markers in both Spanish and English....and look at the packaging for food like the cake mix instructions are now in English and Spanish (I believe it's Betty Crocker)....at my local Mervyn's store they play both Spanish and English music in the store...We need to put an end to this or we will become like the ride at Disneyland "It's a Small World" everything translated into every language in the world....If I go to Italy or Germany or anywhere I DO NOT expect them to patronize me by putting up signs in my native language!
    Anonymous

• You know its pathetic when I an AMERICAN woman goes to the damn store and can't read what the hell the label says. I have to search the box for the ENGLISH part of it. It is bullshit. We are letting you into our country the least you can do is learn english. Shit we take care of everything else, your food stamps, your jobs, your money. all were asking is that you learn a little effin english. It's not fair to us the ones that work hard everyday and and are trying to teach our kids how to be decent citizens when all they have are examples of lazyness.
    Anonymous

• It's due to the fact there are people out there like Obama who vote AGAINST English being our national language. When in Rome; do as the Romans do. If you're gonna live here, live here LEGALLY, learn and SPEAK ENGLISH (before moving here)!! FLUENTLY!! I like how Larry the Cable Guy put it. "What do you mean press 2 for Spanish? How bout a button for the people who can't speak English to LEARN English! This is America!"
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 1:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I too cant stand the "spanish option" Why dont we just have a button for every language?!!!!! It will come to that sooner or later if we dont get this shit straightened out!!!!!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Ahhh ... Indeed.. I like this question and its true, I don't understand myself why they allow this to go on, i don't like how they mooch off our tax money and live for free and most HONESTLY do, They will sell their store's for Penny's on the dollar to their REALTIVES, and let them come to America, and run the place, and take over the stores, and it goes down on the line, I know this because i have a store in my used to be neighborhood, and he didn't lie about a thing, he said this is how we got out of there, of that place we used to live, You know i don't think America is all that anymore, but you know what if they still have the American dream at least let them alone for that, because its honestly dying quickly the American dream , ...and Americans know...that its really honestly just a ""dream""

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:53 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Amen! What other county can you go to and expect them to speak our language. But lets vote for Obama to keep this vicious cycle going. Does anyone else feel like they are becoming the minority? Maybe if we do we'll get the perks. Maybe we should move to another country and treat the people who have lived there their whole lives the way we allow others to come into our country and treat us. But Americans are the assholes?!
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 1:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'm immigrant,I speak english ,I know the history of USA.I DON'T GET ANY GOVERMENT HELP . SO NOT ALL IMMIGRANTS ARE THE SAME.
    I'm happy that I speak more then one language..
    Anonymous