can you help more then my doctor?

i have had a head ache for three days and have been throwing up all day long today, i can not eat anything without getting sick. i am seventeen weeks pregnant and i stopped having morning sickness about a month ago. i called my doctor to ask what to do and she told me to take tylenol and take a nap... i cant sleep... what can i do to feel better? nothing is helping...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• do you drink enough water and eat healthy? that's my only advice, sorry.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Do you normally get migraines?? If your headache is severe and you are throwing up, it could be that, sometimes it can come with sensitivity to light and noise also. Anyway, IF that is what you have, you may want to try the Tylenol like the doc said and laying down in a dark, quiet room, even if you don't sleep after a while you should get some relief. Also, for headaches in general, caffiene can make them worse,s o you should avoid having coffee, chocolate or soda until you feel better. Hope you feel better soon!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I agree with the last post. Laying in a dark room always helps me when I get a really bad headache. Even if I don't get any sleep. I hope you feel better soon.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• There is something around 17 weeks, where you body switches over from the baby using your blood, to him making his own, and it can cause nasty headaches!
    I had 4 kids and nobody told me until the last one, but I got massive migranes for about a week with each one, all around the same time in the pregnancy.
    I think it has to do with the blood pressure and the lack of blood supply. It doesn't make total sense to me, because I'm not a doctor, but it helped me to get throught them knowing there was actually a medical reason why, and knowing they would come to an end soon.
    In the meantime, try to rest a lot and take it easy. They won't last forever....LOL =)
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I dont' know a lot of pregnancy stuff, but I do know that ginger ale is great if I am really nauseated. It doesn't have caffeine in it. Canada Dry is the best I think. I hope you start feeling better.
    Anonymous