Does anyone not understand the STOP SIGN?

I am seeing more & more everyday of people WHO DO NOT STOP at the Stop Sign. They think it is ok to slow down and speed through before another car who has stopped and has the right of way to go before them. Also, if a pedestrian is in the crosswalk I've seen them speed up and run the Stop Sign so they don't have to wait for the pedestrian. What is wrong with Drivers today?

emerald53197

Asked by emerald53197 at 4:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• I don't know why people disregard stop signs so much, but it does get on my nerves as well. If I see someone behind me following too closely and there's a stop sign coming up, I know they don't want to stop, so I make it a point to stop at it longer than needed. It ticks them off, but oh well. My husband has been known to put the car in park and get out because someone behind him honks for him stopping at a stop sign. So as far as my husband and I are concerned, if you're driving behind us, you're better off just backing off, and not honking lol
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Why would you expect them to stop at a stop sign, or (my personal favorite) use turn signals? They have a cell phone in one hand and food or drink in the other. They can't be expected to obey the safety laws when they are so busy. Oh, almost forgot-texting!
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Haha i can't stand the ones who sit there and wait for the "stop sign" to turn "green" lol its like damnit its a STOP SIGN NOT A STOP LIGHT MOVE BITCH!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 4:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I can't stand when people do this. I have know more than one person who has been killed by someone running a stop sign or light. It's not a joke people need to stop and pay attention.
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My former SIL has gotten in not 1, not 2, not even 3 but SEVEN, yeah 7!!!!! Freaking accidents, with her KIDS IN THE CAR, because she RUNS Stop signs!

She lives in a big city, grew up in a big city on the opposite coast, traffic and stop signs are NOT new to her!!

Every time she used to call and say she was driving somewhere I would hang up on her. She started not calling but it was like seriously, WTF? HOW do you keep on doing it after the first or second time!
    NEMommaOf3

Answer by NEMommaOf3 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Some people thing yellow light means STEP ON IT
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have no idea, but it really irritates me. I stopped at a redlight in our town a few weeks ago and someone started honking at me because the lights stay red while there's a train, which is beside the redlights (you can either go straight or right, across the tracks). I got honked at for not running a redlight, wtf? Then one day not too long ago, I was stopped at a stop sign at the end of my street (which is practically one lane, it's so narrow), and someone pulled up behind me, then shot around me into the main road while I was trying to pull out. I was behind them the whole way after that. They must have seriously been craving some tacos, since they drove a whole mile to the Taco Bell. Wow, passing me at a stop sign really got you there faster, didn't it you jerk? People suck.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010