Where are you taking your kids to trick or treat?

We are going as two families.
Myself; my fiance; my two children; my sister; her husband &; their three children.
Anyhow ...
we are trying to figure out where to take them.
Im hearing a big neighborhood isnt always better.

mommaizzy

Asked by mommaizzy at 4:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• i usually take them to a small neighborhood with older people, but it depends on the area i guess
    lovelymother84

Answer by lovelymother84 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• you can't take them in one of your own neighborhoods? I always find it frustrating that so many people drive into our neighborhood to trick or treat. It becomes so crowded. I just don't get the point of why they don't stay by their houses too. Our city also has a couple "Safe Street" events, where kids don't trick or treat in a real neighborhood, so it's safer. Like at the mall or some model home communities do it. Do you guys have an option like that?
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 4:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• One of us will stay home to answer the door. We live in the woods on two acres so we get about 10 trick or treaters.
    Our three year old will go with her cousins in ther neighborhood. It is a nice cul de sac.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We always go trick or treating on 2 maybe 3 streets where my parents live, the houses are just a driveway away and close to the sidewalk. We don't go in our own neighborhood becasue the driveways are pretty much a quarter of a mile long and houses are further apart. It would take an hour to get to 5 houses.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010