i am just so overwhelmed and tired ALL the time. sometimes i just start crying and can't give a specific reason as to why! am i losing it or is this normal with your 1st child?

specialmom08

Asked by specialmom08 at 1:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Health

• hell thats normal with any child wait til you have three you won't think your losing it youll know you are lol no i no it is frustrating and the crying makes you feel silly but i did it especially with my last one i cried when my oldest kids came home from school cuz i nes the chaos was going to start then i felt like a bad mother cuz i didn't want them to come home from skool yet
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I feel that it is completely normal to feel overwhelmed sometimes. If it's getting to the point where it's becoming a major issue there's no harm in letting your doctor know. It is exhausting to have a little one. It WILL get better and easier.
    mrswright1170

Answer by mrswright1170 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Think of how much sleep you're actually getting. Its probably not enough...when your own body isn't taken care of, how can you expect it to function not just normally, but at the speed you have to keep up to be a mom of a new baby?! The unfortunate part is that, honestly, it doesn't matter how you feel most of the time...you just have to do everything anyway. I felt the same way after my daughter and I worry what I will feel like when I give birth to this baby since I wont be able to nap with the baby since I have a 3 year old to take care of too. Its definitely overwhelming, but as your child grows and becomes a little less needy, you will start to get back to normal.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 3:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• That is sooooo normal. I literally lost my mind with my son. lol We were actually just talking about this the other day. My SO said he was afraid to come home from work because he didn't know what he was going to get. LOL The only thing I can say is that it WILL get better. You may not sleep too much and you and your hubby might being "falling out of touch" right now but it will get better and easier. One of these days you'll wake up and laugh about it or maybe you won't, IDK.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 4:14 PM on Oct. 30, 2008