Potty training?

My 4 year old has been potty trained for a while now but it seem that she is still having accidents. How can i get her to stop? i have tried everything and it seems nothing has worked? can anyone help me on this!

wendy298

Asked by wendy298 at 4:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's possible that her adenoids (in your throat, by your tonsils) are too large. Consider seeing an ear, nose and throat doctor if it persists.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You might want to talk with her and see if there's anything bothering her. Maybe she doesn't want to get up in the night for some reason.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Carol2m2 its dont happen during the night it happens during the day she is still in pull ups at night but during the day she will be playing and then i would notice that she had made a accident but thanks for the advice and i love to get more if you have any!!!
    wendy298

Comment by wendy298 (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have heard of several children who are just essentially "having too much fun playing" so they don't want to stop long enough to go to the potty. I had a little bit of a problem with that with my kids on occasion. When I asked them what happened, they usually just said they were having fun and didn't want to stop playing. Good luck!
    Sirrah98

Answer by Sirrah98 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Sometimes going back to the basics will reinforce the importance of potty, i.e. "do you have to potty?" or simply stopping and making her go whether before you go out, and after a couple of hours, and doing a potty stop. They have moments of regression, and need to be reminded again. If she hasn't been exposed to any major life changes, or not distressed about anything, it might be only that. The previous posts were right on with playing-so-much-omg-I gotta-go-and-I did!
    Jam0418

Answer by Jam0418 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 28, 2010