Does anyone else feel like their body does not match the person inside?

For me, since having a baby my body just changed into something that doesn't match me anymore. I am a very free-spirited, outgoing, young person and my body just looks so old and sad. I have weight I can not lose, and my stomach is completely destroyed. I don't know what to do anymore. I look at pictures of myself and say that's not even me, I don't feel like that.

I love myself very much and I take very good care of myself, I just feel like my body hates me because I had a baby (who is now 2). Is anyone else going through this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh, come on now...how old are you? Are you in good health otherwise? If so, there is no reason you can't have your pre-baby body back! it will be hard work, but you CAN do it. There are a ton of programs that work, but seriously, the best program is just eat less and make everything you eat count. I put myself on an 800 calorie a day diet, lots of nutritional bars and drinks, and then made sure I got exercise. I felt this way after #1 at age 20, and started running to return to my self. After #8 I felt quite the way you did! At 33, I joined a gym, ate better and got into the best shape of my life. Again - NOT EASY - but not impossible!! You gotta want it, and it sounds like you do...so DO IT!! You'll be glad you did when your "old" like me!!
    mommyx9

Answer by mommyx9 at 6:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Me! If my body matched who I am, I would look something like Kat VonD, only with bigger boobs and a bigger butt (because I have huge boobs and a decent sized rear end). I'd be kind of thin, covered in tattoos and piercings (well, I've got a few piercings and a couple of tattoos anyway), and look awesome in everything lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2010