Proof

I always see questions about how people can prove if there really is a God or so. That is why I am an atheist. There is no physical sound proof that he exists, that I have ever seen. I have an easier time believing in the magic (that has always had my attention and belief) because I have seen physical proof. I saw my Opa, (Grandpa in German) who always had an interest in magic and witches, stop every clock in the house at his exact second of death. Show me proof that there is a God, beyond just a ghost, and maybe I could believe. Not likely, though.

Are there any other atheists on here, feeling the same way? Not believing because of no phsyical proof?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think believing in God means there is no physical proof ever, it's faith that there is a God, that allows one to believe in God.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Nope, its not because of a lack of evidence proving the existence of a higher power, but the overwhelming amount of evidence that points to a lack there of.

IF it could be proven, I still would not worship said deity. I find most of the religious figures to be sadists.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Personally, I'm more of the "silent watchmaker" type of believer. I think there was probably a higher power somewhere who set the world up in the very beginning and let us go. On our own, we evolved, created, destroyed, etc.
    lyricsoprano90

Answer by lyricsoprano90 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My beliefs are open to change given new evidence. However proof that God exists, does not make him worthy of my worship. Hitler existed, but he was not worthy of being followed. I'm not into the whole "believe in me or spend eternity in hell" attitude.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Ubelief caters to needing proof. I never needed proof, I chose to believe
    John 20
    25So the other disciples were saying to him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the imprint of the nails, and put my finger into the place of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."

26After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you."

27Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing."

28Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

29Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• in my previous post the last sentence is the most important out of the entire passage.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I beg to differ ... there is plenty of physical evidence for the existence of God ... one can either affirm or deny it. Atheists choose to deny it.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I believe with Gal, there is plenty of physical and scientific proof that God exists. But some choose not to believe it. And that's what it really takes, faith. Without faith you can't believe in God because you will always find a reason to deny Him.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 10:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• the overwhelming amount of evidence that points to a lack there of.

Obby ... do share what this evidence is.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• What do you mean there's no physical proof? I guess it just depends on your definition of "proof". The things I believe to be proof, are explained away by others as "just science" or "just the way things happen". I see the fact that human life exists, that the human body functions as it does, with all it's intricacies, as proof. I choose to see the sunrise and sunset every day as proof. For me, feelings are proof. That's the way God works. Science is His tool. Feelings are a way He communicates. Every living thing, by its mere existence, points to the fact that God does indeed exist. Just because we have finite minds and cannot understand nor comprehend the magnitude of that fact does not make it invalid.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:00 AM on Oct. 28, 2010