White stringy stuff? (TMI)

I am 36 weeks pregnant..and since yestarday afternoon everytime I go pee I have this small amount of white stringy stuff mixed in and today there was a small amount of blood with it..

I've never had this before anyone else know what is is?

SweetPoison

Asked by SweetPoison at 4:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• mucus plug
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Could be your mucus plug working its way out. Call your doctor if you have any more bleeding
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Sounds like your mucus plug. Definitely means your body is preparing for the upcoming laboring process. Good luck! Could be hours, days, or weeks.... But it is a good sign of progress!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yea..I didnt even think about that lol.. with my son I woke up the day before I went into labor and it was all this brown blood..so I thought thats what too look for..guess not :)
    SweetPoison

Comment by SweetPoison (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It is normal. The white stringy stuff is how your vaginal glands react to the pregnancy hormones. The blood could be a number of things. Do not automatically assume that it was your mucus plug (that usually looks like a BIG nasty loogie...) If you has sex recently, you could have torn a little. Could also just be a little bloody show. I had bloody show my entire pregnancy with my first (some say that they are periods). I wouldn't freak out. If it was bright blood, then it is probably a tear. If it is darker, probably just bloody show. If it was a large amount, or it continues, then call your OBGYN.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You lost your plug... how exciting!!! You are getting closer!
    courtcaton

Answer by courtcaton at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I dont have sex anymore..lol boyfriend and I seperated 5 months ago..but yea..with my son it was just a pad full of dark brown blood..no clots or anything..and now its stringy white stuff with a tiny amount of bright blood..but the Nurse just said its probaly just my show and thank god I have a docs appointment tomorrow..he can tell me how dialated I am and such. Thanx laides
    SweetPoison

Comment by SweetPoison (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• mucous plug
    LilTiffanysmomm

Answer by LilTiffanysmomm at 7:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• def ur mucous plug mine was the same texture
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010