Any Over Weight Moms Have A hard Time Getting Pregnant?

Are you over weight and still had a baby? if so how over weight. Do you Know Anyone Who Got Pregnant while Being Over Weight?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'm 5'1" and weigh 184. I've been a size 14 pretty consistantly for 15 years (a few times in size 12's a few in 16 when I was at my highest)! I'm also a type 2 diabetic and I've had 2 healthy pregnancies and babies, one is 6 years old and my daughter is 10 months old.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I weighed 198 when i got pregnant w/ my 3 yr old, i was 220 ish when i got pregnant with my 10month old. currently ttc and having trouble b/c of my weight
    Bella3113

Answer by Bella3113 at 5:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I've been overweight all of my life and had both of my kids without trying - in fact I was on the pill with the second, no problems here.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I work in a GYN office and see many women who would be considered overweight get pregnant. Yes, it can be a factor if you are having trouble getting pregnant, but it's not always an issue.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 8:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was 294 pounds when I got pregnant with my DD. It took us 9 months to get pregnant with her because my body was completely out of wack from birth control.

I was 291 pounds when I got pregnant with my DS. It took me 1 month to get pregnant with him.

The big issue with being overweight and TTC is ovulation. Being overweight can lead to a high level of estrogen and can supress ovulation but this is NOT the case in all women. The best way to see if you are ovulating is to chart cervical mucus, cervical position and basal body temperature.

GET THE BOOK Taking Charge Of Your Fertility. Seriously it changed my whole thought on TTC and REALLY helped me get pregnant BOTH times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Oct. 28, 2010