red raspberry leaf tea

I'm trying this to induce labor...do I actually have to consume the leaves as well as the tea? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Probably not. Just the tea should be fine. Good luck!!!
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 4:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Good luck. It made me have contractions but they got me nowhere quickly.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Red Raspberry Leaf Tea won't actually induce labor.. Just helps soften the cervix a bit. Sex and walking would probably be your better bet. Good luck!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• no, but its not meant to induce labor... sorry, but its good to take anyways :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Whoever told you it will induce labor was waaayyyy off.

It will help prepare your body for labor, it tones the uterus, and it helps build up your red blood count, as well as a few other perks (like helping keep blood sugar levels down). But it will NOT cause you to go into labor. It should be consumed in the weeks prior to labor and birth, drank as water would be. Cold, hot, sweet, plain... Sorry charlie, its not what you thought it was.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Agreed with ObbyDobbie,
    RRL tea is just a uterine tonic to toning and strengthening the uterus. It might cause Braxton Hicks like contractions but it will not induce you.
    Is there something wrong that you need to induce?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No don't consume the leaves just drink the tea. If you feel the need to induce talk to your OB. There are some options to try.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i heard it works but i went for a walk before i went into labor ...but they also striped my membranes when i went to the hospital the day of :) and that night/early morning i went into labor
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010