What is the most peculiar piece of in your closet?

I have a blue shirt with dolphins and turtles and fish on it (my dd loves it!). I bought this when I was at school and I'm still wearing it! Not in public, because it's out of shape and got a few wholes. When I realized I had this thing for the last 17 years, I decided it was time to let go. I gave it to my daughters daycarer and they turned it into some art work. lol
I might not have changed dramatically, but I'm not that person anymore. Why do we hang on to stuff like that?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have a ratty t-shirt in my closet that has a sled dog on it. It was from the Iditarod, my grandma gave it to me. She passed and I can't get myself to give it up.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:13 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• LOL I don't no but I do the same thing.Maybe just so we don't forget when we were younger,or just good memories.
    bucky77

Answer by bucky77 at 4:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We hang on to stuff like that because it reminds us of a happy time. It's a comfort object, much like a baby's blankie is. Nothing wrong with that. I have a gown that was given to me by my son years ago that I still wear, and an old flannel shirt that belonged to my late husband. I wouldn't wear it in public, but at home with the family is fine.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:16 AM on Oct. 28, 2010