How do deal with your other half when he snores and it wakes you up from a sound sleep?

Have any of you tried the nose strips.....we have talked about it for both of us to try. Any suggestions?

4theloveofTink

Asked by 4theloveofTink at 4:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• I use ear plugs so I won't be woken up.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Hubby only snores when he sleeps on his right side, so when he starts snoring, I wake him up and he rolls over, and it stops.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Ear plugs.... HA! I wish it were that easy for me! :)

I try nudging him, then when he starts again I nudge him, when it starts again (it always does, lol) then lightly kick him, then just shake him till he wakes up and say, "Baby.... you're snoring."

When we first met I had to tell him to reposition due to the snoring, but he knows now that when I say he's snoring to reposition or I won't leave him alone because it won't stop, lol.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I feel irritated as hell, lol. We have tried the nose strips and they didn't work. We're gonna have to try something else. Luckily, he doesn't snore every night..it's weird. Best of luck to you, I know how annoying it can be!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 4:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My x left me over my snoring. Turns out I had sleep apnea. If your dh/so/bf snores really bad get him tested. Over time it damages many of the vital organs from oxygen deprivation and people can actually die from the damage it does to the body. My doctor had me record my snoring to save the money of a sleep study. After he heard the recording then he sent me for the sleep study so my insurance would pay for my C-pap breathing machine. No more snoring!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My husband doesnt snore too often, but when he does I just, uhh, shake him a little, lol.. That usually does the trick.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 4:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I use ear plugs.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• He smokes cigs and when he is really tired he snores LOUD. I was thinking about getting myself some Soundly Sleeps otc at CVS. A blue box. I think that's what they are called. I have used those before but that was with my ex bf. The kids laugh and say "Damn Dad, you snore LOUD lol I hate ear plugs......Have a hard enough time with the earplugs with an ipod LOL Anyway..........would smoking be a factor?
    4theloveofTink

Comment by 4theloveofTink (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Wax earplugs shape to ur ear
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 5:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I pinch his nose, shake him, elbow him, roll him, whatever it takes to get him to roll on his side - he only snores on his back and only when he's sick but rolling to his left side helps. The breathe right strips do not help him whatsoever - snoring is because of the throat relaxing too much, not anything in the nose.
    Anonymous