ate a partially cooked eggs and drank a juice with tap water am i safe?

By mistake, i ordered from a restaurant and ate partially cooked eggs and drank a juice with tap in a pitcher is my unborn baby going to be okay?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Chances are, you're fine. Keep an eye out for a change in bathroom habits, vomiting, etc. But mayo has raw egg in it, and if you eat that regularly, and survived, chances are you'll survive one instance of uncooked egg. I drink tap water all the time, and my son was born healthy, and I'm fine. I'm pregnant now, and drink tap water all the time. If you're concerned, order a water quality test on your tap. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Tap water is fine. I would avoid undercooked eggs... But, you are more than likely fine.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I am sure that everything is fine. Accidentally consuming partially cooked eggs does not mean the end of the world. As long as all of the parts of the egg, cooked, and uncooked, reached an internal temp of 160 Fahrenheit, everything "bad" was killed. And as for tap water... If it were tap water from mexico I would worry, but if it was from a restaurant, you should be fine. They are required to filter their water.
    mistical_me

Answer by mistical_me at 5:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• As long as you dont get food poisoning from the eggs (& you'd probably know by now it you did), its fine. And tap water..there's nothing wrong with tap water from a city source. Did you know some bottled water comes from "municipal sources" which means they just get it from the tap?
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 6:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• How undercooked? Sunny Side up and Runny?
    you are probably fine.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Most likely fine. Tap water is healthier than bottled water the only thing would be if you got food poisoning from the eggs. Even then I still think you'd be fine and so would baby.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• u shub be fine but if u get stomach pain or severe diarihea go to the hospital tap water is fine i drank it my whole preg. and i eat sunny side up eggs all the time while preggers while prolly not smart my baby was ok ask ur doc about these questions too :)
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010