How to get rid of a BAD headache at the base of your head where it meets your neck?

I am in a lot of pain... I have tried medicine, icepacks, heating pad, everything! But it wont go away! Please help any suggestions would be appreciated !

madsmom314

Asked by madsmom314 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• Get a massage!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 5:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• That cost money lol they arent cheap! Would be lovely though!
    madsmom314

Comment by madsmom314 (original poster) at 5:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I get those when I have been holding my daughter a lot or something. They are terrible and about all you can do is go to sleep and hope it gets better. Maybe a warm cloth, massage it with your hands, hot bath and soak your back and neck down in the water....If this doesn't help, then you may just need to go to the doctor.
    luvmy4kidsinAL

Answer by luvmy4kidsinAL at 5:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Thank you!
    madsmom314

Comment by madsmom314 (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Did you pull or strain something?? I have a few people who swear by Midol... A warm/ hot shower with a massaging shower head might help, too. Good Luck, hope something works!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• do a neck stretch, It looks silly . however my chiropractor told me... still in a chair look straight ahead keep your body still and stretch ur neck like a chicken does. then stand and stretch ur neck to the side hold as long as u can
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 6:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• see a chiropractor, it is probably the same cost as a massage though...unless it is an insurance benefit.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Take two Advil AND two Tylenol (with some crackers). The combination works well. (Obviously you need to wait if you have taken some meds recently)
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• have you tried a chiropractor or massage therapy. I have had one for months. literally adn I went to chiropractor for unrelated matter and mentioned it ti him and he did a quick adjustment and has not bothered me since. I also had my massage therapist work on that same area as well. Dr says it can be because your spinal cord fluid could be out of balance or you could be sleeping wrong on that spot at night. My massage guy says that all headaches start from that spot, even when you feel it right across your forehead.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010