And this man calls himself a Christian????

http://www.dallasvoice.com/joel-burns-responds-arkansas-school-board-member-encouraged-gays-kill-1049804.html

This is the most disgusting thing I have ever read, coming from a man who claims to be a Christian? What kind of human being is this?

Asked by older at 5:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • There are many different opinions out there when it comes to what it means to be a Christian. Sadly there are those who feel that forcing their understanding/interpretation of righteousness or purity onto others is a valid qualification - those who forget how much Jesus himself had issue with the legalistic, dogmatic Pharisees of his own time, that love is our highest calling, not judgment....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Heck. Jeremiah Wright calls himself a christian. They come in all varieties. Ya know.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Some of the most upsetting things I've read recently have been from people who claimed to be Christian, and this doesn't seem very Christ-like to me. They should be praying for these families that are burying their poor children, teaching people to be tolerant of others, and not spreading hate. IMO
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

high five

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• When you refer to ALL Muslims that way, You ARE a bigot. When you refer to ALL Christians like that..you are as well...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE show me where ANYONE on here as EVER said ALL Muslims are Terrorists. PLEASE? I have never seen It! But you can BET your BUTT had I titled a Question "and this man calls himself a Muslim" I would have been called a BIGOT by the lot of you that loooooove to throw that word around to anyone who disagrees with you....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Er yeah..I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle..nor marriage but the things he said were disgusting.I also dnot agree with the agend of forcing accetance of gays...but still the thingshe said are terrible..JEEZ
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• "Extreme Christian" ? I find it fascinating that those that fall all over themselves and call people FOUL names like Bigots and Hateful when some refers to Muslim extremists as terrorists have absolutely zero qualms lumping all Christians in with the crazies and giving NO qualifications............Ironic?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Christians, I know do not act that way. I guess I don't prescribe to his version of christianity and I am okay with that.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my keyboard is a mess..so
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Bandgeek nailed it!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010