ummm excuse me?

I just got a random phone call for my husband. i asked who was calling and the woman gave a name and said 'it wasnt important' and then hung up when I asked why she called. I dont really know how to approach it with him, it didn't sound like a typical cold-call from a business.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Relationships

• Could be anything. I had a crazy doctor's receptionist who absolutely refused to give me the nature of her call. I had to call the number back from caller ID to figure out it was his knee specialist. I would just ask your hubby - I bet it's something silly or nothing at all.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I wouldn't take it as something is going on or anything. She wouldn't have left a name. But if it were me, I would just say "Honey, a 'susan' called you today." and then let it go. He'll tell you if there's nothing to hide.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• First of all, don't jump to conclusions. Just let him know of the phone call and how it went down. Gauge his reaction and casually inquire if he knows what it was about.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Do you have caller ID? call the number. See what happens or who it was. I hope for your sake it is not a women he is messing around with.

Answer by louise2 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• If it was from a business you would think they would leave a name or number. Do you have caller ID? Call the number back.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 5:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I would just ask him point blankly and see how he reacts? How is your relationship with your husband lately?
    mykidsmom125

Answer by mykidsmom125 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just tell him he got a call today, tell him her name, and watch his reaction, be casual about it and give him the benefit of the doubt..men are idiots when it comes to hiding things and fortunately we women have our intuition to go by, trust your instincts.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Don't think any thing about it. I was a 3rd party bill collector once and I always identified myself, and the company. However, some bill collectors don't say what company they are calling for, and won't talk to spouses. It depends on what kind of bill was owed, etc.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My Dh's bank does that with those stupid ass surveys. It will be men and woman and ask for him and I'll say, "May I ask whose calling?" Every time they say, "No, no message." and hang up. I always call back and google the number it is always the same. I asked the man once what he wanted and he went on the whole spiel about the bank and yada yada. They are the least formal business I have ever dealt with.

I think its Bank of America.. Does he go there?
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Approach it head on chances are it was a sales call or somthing but if you dont ask it will eat at you
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010