thyroid question

My thyroid is 0.907 nonreactive is this good or bad what does it mean? My dr hasn't called me back. I'm worried.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Health

• What does that mean? Do you have hypothyroid? I do it may mean you're thyroid level isn't good you need medication but idk
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• There are multiple thyroid tests, and the values mean something different with each one. I believe TSH is the most commonly run test, but if a doctor is really concerned about your thyroid function they will usually run several of the tests available and use the results from all the tests together to get a better picture of what is going on. After the blood tests they may recommend a scan of your thyroid before which you will drink iodine stained with dye.

The normal ranges at most labs for blood tests are:
    THS - between 0.5 and 5.5, though some doctors prefer results between 0.3 and 3.0
    Total T4 - between 4.5 and 12.5
    Free T4 - between 0.7 and 2.0
    Total T3 - between 80 and 220
    Free T3 - between 2.3 and 4.2
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I should also tell you I got those figures from About.com when I was trying to figure out my own thyroid test results. GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010