so my 12 yr old almost 13 yr old son likes drinking monsters I do not appove but he does this at school what would you do to make sure this don't happen?

I don't feel they are healthy for him,,too caffinated and I've heard alot of negative stuff about them..I just don't think he has any idea how harmful they can be or do I think he needs to drink them at his age..the caffiene in them causes him not to be able to sleep at nite idk what to do to put this to a stop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Where is he getting the money for them?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Don't give him money, make his money go directly to an lunch acct.

Show him about kids that had to have their stomachs pumped after drinking too many.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• he don't take money his damn friends give them to him
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Stop giving him money to buy them.
    Talk to the school about getting them taken out. They are horrible. They're nothing but a caffine high that can cause adverse reactions to the heart.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh...explain just how unhealthy they are. Call parents of the other kids, call the school to have them removed.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Talking to the school, if they are sold there might help. You have to watch it at his age, the more you say no, the more he will rebel. I used to tell my son he could have 1/week, I'd buy and I wanted him to drink it at home, early in the day. That worked for us. He's 19 now, and stays away from that stuff.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I guess I live in a cave....what is a monster?
    sue118

Answer by sue118 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It is a soda with herbs (non drugs) It is not bad. He will have just as hard of a time sleeping if he has too many coca colas.
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 5:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• A monster is an energy drink with loads of caffeine. My husband buys them and I agree they are very unhealthy. There's really not much you can do about it other than punish him every time you find out, but he will just hide it from you. Those are expensive. His friends will get tired of buying them for him.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• op here he gets them from his friends they bring them to school he has no money sue monster is an energy drink
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010