anybody use pappashop.com?

i am looking for a web host with free design templates so i can have my own website. i came across this one (i was on a website hosted by them). just wondered if they're any good.

dixie383

Asked by dixie383 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have never heard of them, but I have done a lot of research on web hosting so I might be able to suggest a really good one. What will your website be about? How many pages will you need? Will this be for a business or personal use?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:35 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I am wanting to have a website for my business, Pixie Fluff. I have an Etsy page now, but I would rather just have a website of my own. I would like to sell from my page, and I don't want to accidentally OVER sell (I need it to keep track of inventory as it sells. For example, and this has been tricky for me:
    If I have 3 red pocket diapers, 2 basic inserts, and 2 deluxe insert sets, and would like to have a drop-down menu for adding the item to the cart, I don't want 3 people to be able to purchase the red diaper with the deluxe insert sets, when I don't have that many insert sets in stock. (Does that make sense?) Also, the price would be different depending on which combination the customer chooses. It would look something like this:

Red Pocket diaper (no insert) $15.00
    -----add basic insert (+ $3.00)
    -----add deluxe insert set (+$7.00)

Do you see what I mean?

and I would want a page for info... cont below
    dixie383

Comment by dixie383 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• 3-4 pages for shopping, and one last page for contact info, etc.
    But I am just starting out so right now I have a VERY small budget.
    I don't ask for much, I know! LOL
    dixie383

Comment by dixie383 (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Okay, here is the problem with free websites. They are good for putting out information but when it comes to selling things, you will more than likely have to pay for that extra service. You can find very affordable hosting for $5-$20 a month with what you want. Let me look into some things and I will see what sites would be best for your situation.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:08 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Oops, sorry, I misread your question. You are not looking for free web hosting, you are wanting free template design. I will still check to out the other sites and get back to you.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Exactly. I have a free website right now, but want to add a cart! If you want to see it (and I hope this is not considered spam, I just thought it would give you an idea) it is www.pixiefluff.weebly.com
    dixie383

Comment by dixie383 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Okay, I looked at pappashop and they actually looked pretty good. The only thing that might be a concern is that their free templates, look like templates. You may also want to look into Yahoo! Hosting and Vistaprint. Vistaprint is a little more expensive. It is $20 a month if you go with the paypal shopping cart but the free designs are very customizable. I have a website with them and I have gotten so many compliments about the design. Many people ask me what company designed it. All I did was use a template, change the color, and add some pictures. However, since you are just starting out, you may want to go with pappashop and once you get up and running, then you may want to consider upgrading your website. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:26 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I've never heard of them, so I can't say one way or another. We use Yahoo Stores with our business. Whenever you are searching make sure you chose a template that will support a shopping cart and will also have enough pages for all the products you want to sell.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2010