what will you do

i was just wondering for those of you who aren't voting what will you be doing on the 4th? i just read a post where the poster called all the people lazy and that we expect to have everything handed to us. well i will be preparing for my dd's firts birthday. yes instead of voting i will be shopping for my daughter cuz that is what is the most important to me right now so all of you who think i am lazy or wrong for not voting well i think you know what i am thinking right now

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is no more my business why someone chooses not to vote, as it is my business whom they choose to vote for if they do.

I don't vote so that I can have a free pass to bitch about what I don't like--I have that right wether I vote or not, and I think that is a poor reason that people give as the rationale for voting, or the justification that they are somehow more superior than someone that chooses not to vote. Last time I checked, the 1st amendment comes before the 15th, 19th 24th and 26th amendments. I choose to vote (by absentee ballot, since I am in the military--I'll be at home with the newborn on Tuesday) because better men and women that myself have given their lives to earn, protect and defend the rights we enjoy Americans...including the right to vote or not, as well as the right to bitch or not.

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 2:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I considered not voting. But then I have people who keep telling me that I don't have the right to complain if I don't vote. I agree. But I am busy on voting day so I got an absentee ballot. That way I can still vote and when people elect Obama I can complain all I want.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 1:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I would love to vote, but I plan just forgot. Like you I've been too busy with work, taking care of the house and my son, trying to plan for his first birthday and getting ready to fly to visit my boyfriend's sick grandmother. There is just way too much on my mind, and I missed the deadline to vote. I feel bad about it now cause I really did want to vote. Luckily my boyfriend was already registered, so I'll just vote for him lol.

ambie1983

Answer by ambie1983 at 1:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Vote for the less of the two evils if that's what you think. :(

I don't see it that way...though just a phrase i heard..My deicsion is easy. McCain. :)

JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you don't want to vote that is your choice, and I do not fault you for that. That being said, I think anyone who does not vote has no business complaining about the government or what the government does, because when given an opportunity to have a voice, you chose not to.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• well i don't complain i have better things to do i have a family that is what i care about i asked what were people who weren't going to vote were going to be doing instead so the people who are voting can just move on
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'd be voting but I forgot to mail in my registration form so I can't. I'll be doing my normal things...taking care of the kids, cleaning, cooking dinner, etc. It's just another day for me.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• IDK, go to the zoo or museum with the kiddos. I already voted.

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• i'm not voting, i'm just not that politically involved. i'm not lazy, i think its just a lack of understanding of politics, i get lost in the mumbo jumbo they talk about. but at the same time, i dont complain. i may not like some things bush does, but i'm not complaining.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Well here in Spain for me to vote it takes three hours drive in car to the Embassy, so I am not voting. However don't think those that don't vote are lazy just we all have lives.
    Taylor82

Answer by Taylor82 at 4:11 PM on Oct. 30, 2008