Can i give my daughter Cottage Cheese??

A few years ago i use to babysit these two little girls when i was a senior in highschool. the youngest one was abot 14 months... the mom fed her cottage cheese with fruit for lunch and what not.... my daughter is 8 months right now, and i would like to do the same... is she too young for cottage cheese??

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would ask your doctor but i have read that at 9months you can give them yogurt and cottage cheese. however i would check with your doctor first. I fed my son cottage cheese at about 10months he was fine.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• My son LOVED cottage cheese with fruit when he first started solids ( we wanted to 8 months). I'd start you DD with yogurt first. it has asidophlis ( spelling?) and will help her stomach enzimes get ready for heavier dairy products. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Make a quick call to your doc on that one. For some babies it would be just fine, but there's a reason that so many say not to have cow's milk for the first year, I think cottage cheese would fall into the same category.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2008