home pregnancy tests question

I will admit I am VERY paranoid. This is my 1st pregnancy and I want this baby so bad I feel like its too good to be true. Anyways since finding out I was pregnant I have taken a test each week, and they have gotten darker each time. I never take them in the morning, just whenever. Well I took one today, I should be 8 weeks today, and the line was still there, but it was not super dark like the last few. The one I took last week was also a little lighter than the previous tests. Is there a reason that they would be lighter? Because I can't help but think the worst. Tomorrow is my 1st appointment but I am driving myself crazy worrying because the line is so much lighter than it was :( anyone have any ideas or had this happen? Do hcg levels rise and fall? please help me calm my nerves

luvmylilbean

Asked by luvmylilbean at 6:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• some test show up darker than others...chill and gl at the doc tomorrow
    Anonymous

• relax new mommy to be its perfectly fine as long as it doesnt all of a sudden come out negative :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Your fine, i kept testing like that too, there are so many reasons y it could be lighter, the one i think the most ,is u may have drank to many fluids b4 testing.....
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 6:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Relax...... It's fine. Your Dr. will give you a blood test and you will not doubt anymore.
    goldengrl65

Answer by goldengrl65 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I am just afraid it could mean something is wrong and that maybe my levels are dropping. They are all the same brand of tests
    luvmylilbean

Comment by luvmylilbean (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Dont worry about the line, if its there youre prego! CONGRATS!!! Good luck with your pregnancy.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• There are different things that can effect the line, one of the main things is you could have diluted the test with to much fluids you drank, that is why you ALWAYS do first morning pee tests, it is the best and most accurate time to do it. My OB never gave me a blood test so your's might not either, I did have an ultrasound though at 11 wks, which I think is 10x better than just a blood test, I mean you get to see your wittle baby!! Anyways calm down, you are fine and so is baby, best wishes tomorrow.
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 7:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You are going to ruin your whole pregnancy experience if you worry this much about small things. Just relax and let your body do what it does and enjoy the wonders of pregnancy. You probably just drank a lot before you took the test and it diluted the strength of the hormone. RELAX!!
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• take a digital test and im paranoid too i took 12 clear blue tests which were all positive
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010