Anyone know about A oil Furnace?

Thank you for reading and hopefully replying. Due to our financial situation we haven't been able to turn on our oil furnace in over 6+ years! Living this way isn't easy where we live. We're afraid to get oil and turn it on. In '04 we had a flood and it has set idle. I'm afraid.Its a Olsen brand from '88 maybe? Who could answer this? We tried getting Help in our situation. No Luck. Since my DH lost his job 23+ months ago and I'm Battling Cancer. There's no money for any of our repairs including me. Your kind favor to reply is appreciated. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 6:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I'm not sure your question. After this long including a possible flooding, you really need to have it serviced by a professional. At least a cleaning. Here they only charge $35 to have it inspected and ready for winter. (Alaska) It would not be safe to start it up after setting idle for so long. Better safe then sorry.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 6:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I agree with first poster. You really need to have a cleaning and check of the nozzles, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010