Is it just me?

..or does anyone else notice the primary goal for most "Christians" on here..AND out in 'the real world' seems to be to cast judgement on others? Seems all they wanna do is decide who or what is un-christian behavior, be it homosexuality, infidelity, or even modes of dress...I don't get it, I really don't...how can they not see how un-christian it is to judge others?? *scratching head*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• ghandi said the same exact thing - different words. same idea! way to be like ghandi! (btw ghandi loved christ. but found his followers to be the problem.)
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:12 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Is it any different then you pointing this out? Just a thought! :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• its not the christians that say what is right and wrong , the bible states what is right and what is wrong... some christians are judgemental yes but when they just state their beliefs based on the bible thats not judging..
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Maybe we stick out a little more because we don't always practice what we preach. But is there really anyone who does, 100% of the time?
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 7:27 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I'm completely with you on that one.... I'm thinking Jesus would NOT be pleased with that kind of behavior at all.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• ^^you took the words right outta my mouth, shan. EVERYONE JUDGES..but the xtians get called on it. must be nice to be able to use/live by someone else's religious teaching, in order to slam them, but denounce it at the same time. funny how that works..or does it?
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You know, I have no problem with someone having a discusion of what they believe to be right and/or wrong. It's when people (meaning ANYONE) expects the rest of the world to live by their standards and beliefs that I get a bit testy and offended.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Unfortunately, this is something I have seen a lot in my fellow Christians. I guess the thing is that just because someone professes to follow Christ, or claims to be a Christian, they are still imperfect. I know I am. No matter what religion or belief system a person follows or professes to follow, we're still imperfect beings. We all make mistakes.
    Also, just because I share something I believe in, or something that I believe to be true, doesn't mean I'm trying to judge someone else. I had a best friend who was gay. He knew that I did not condone his lifestyle decisions at all. He understood my reasons. He also knew I deeply cared about him as a person. Just because I didn't agree with him didn't mean I was judging him.
    There are those out there, in every religion, who judge others unfairly. I don't think Christians have a corner on that market. (continued...)
    Reenieredhead

• Nah, I think most people are doing the best they can trying to figure things out....Christian and non-Christian alike.....and Christians, in my observation don't have the corner on judgementalism.....it seems to be part of the human condition we are all hopefully striving to overcome...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Lol, judging others certainly isn't restricted to Christianity.
    That's been going on since the beginning, from every religion,
    as well as from unbelievers (of any religion), too.

It's not a Christian problem, it's a heart problem, found all
    around the world.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 12:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2010