• In the Spotlight:

Anyone know any good helplines for moms that have miscarried?

I am in the process of a miscarriage and it's taking a toll on me emotionally. My husband is trying to help, but it's just making it worse. He doesn't seem to think that I should be so torn up about this because we never met the baby. I can't believe he'd say something like that to me. I was 12 weeks pregnant and I felt the baby move inside of me. ( It was my 3rd pregnancy.) He's not trying to be insensitive, he just doesn't understand. So, if you know of any hotlines I could call, it would help. Thanks.

BTW: I am currently miscarring. It started on Monday.

jen_and_pat

Asked by jen_and_pat at 7:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I don't know of any hotlines per say, but you can always call me. Been there done that. I ended up having a D&C done because I am a pretty heavy bleeder. We were afraid I'd pass out from the blood loss so we just scheduled to have it all taken care of. (((Hugs)))
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Here is a miscarriage support group online that I found http://www.dailystrength.org/c/Miscarriage-Stillbirth/support-group

And here is a link with some phone numbers http://www.miscarriages.org/miscarriage-support.html

God Bless you, your family, and your angel baby! <3
    Mama2BabyTaurus

Answer by Mama2BabyTaurus at 7:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• First of all, I am extremely sorry for your loss. It is such a painful thing to go through. I had a miscarriage in 2007. I was 5 months along and had to deliver my baby as a stillbirth. I was an emotional wreck and didn't know how to cope. I quickly learned that I was not alone. There are so many women who have suffered through this. Here on CafeMom, you can find moms with similar stories that can help you through. When I was talking with the lady at the funeral home (because we buried our son) she said that the average number of times it takes to talk about your loss before you start to feel better is 73! Keep talking about it. Do not hold your pain in. Talk to your husband, even if he does seem less affected by the situation, because he does hurt too. Men show their pain differently. I visit my son's grave on occasion, even though my husband tells me to let it go. It's ok. Whether you write about it in a personal journal or
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• talk with friends, or even women you do not know, such as on this cite, it all helps. Have faith, Sister. Your pain will ease in time. Take care of yourself and know that there are millions of people to hear your cry. Also, every year in December ( I believe it's the 6th?) there is a nation wide candle lighting for parents who have lost a child. At my local park, there is the Angel of Hope where we gather with candles and white roses. We listen to a speaker or two, sing, and cry together to mourn. Do an internet search for Angel of Hope- you may find more info.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i am greatly sorry for ur loss i know ur pain i miscarried and i didn't even know i was pregnant :( i dont know whats more scary not knowing until later or knowing what u had and its gone all i know is that if u let God in your life he will take u under his wing like he did me and u can talk to God anytime day or night u never have to hold back with him he is always there i will keep u in my prayers
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I miscarried twice and found support on the miscarriage/pregnancy loss froup here on cafemom. I am so sorry you have to endure this pain. I felt/feel very alone, too, but found great support there.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:33 AM on Oct. 28, 2010