Which energy drink is the best?

I've tried Rock Star and Monster energy drinks to give me a little extra get up a go in the afternoon but don't feel any effects at all. Which energy drink works best for you?

JuliaW

Asked by JuliaW at 7:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would try the 5hr energy. Or the Dollar Tree stores have the Ripit Shot that way your not spending 3to5 dollars per shot
    Crashmonster1

Answer by Crashmonster1 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Just be careful with those 5 hour energy shots, they contain high amounts of Niacin and some people can be sensitive to too much of it. I was once given a cholesterol lowering med with niacin and in the middle of the night I woke up feeling like I was burning alive from the inside out and that is a common side effect if you have too much niacin in your system. The amount of niacin in these shots are twice what was in that pill
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My go to energy drink has always been sugar free redbull
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Espresso with a pinch of cinnamon

Answer by rkoloms at 9:38 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Energy drinks, and caffinated drinks in general are horrid for you. Especially energy drinks which can put you at greater risk for Strokes and Heart Attacks. Proven. It's better to cure your afternoon sleepy eyes the natural way. By eating more balanced meals, getting all your vitimins and nutrients, and getting enough sleep at night.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The ones you stay away from. Any of them wreak havoc on your body, on your cardiovascular system. Eat an apple and do some jumping jacks in front of a fan and skip the energy drinks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Thanks for your suggestions ladies and for those that say that those drinks are not good for you, I suspect that you are probably right. I don't intend to make them a regular part of my diet, just a little boost every now and then but I will be careful with them for sure.
    JuliaW

Comment by JuliaW (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Oct. 28, 2010