What do you do with all the candy your kids get at Halloween?

When I was a kid we used to have to dump it all in a big bowl and share it. I used to let my kids go thru their stash and pick out what they really wanted for themselves and then the remainder went into a community candy bowl.

marchar2002

Asked by marchar2002 at 7:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• well back in my day .... heh....
    anyway we trick or treated with huge pillow cases, you got what you could from the door to door event, and when you got home each one of my siblings would dump there candy out on the floor in separate piles, and if you liked some of the candy from your siblings pile you'd have to trade them for something. Normally my parents would supervise so we wouldn't fight or anything, but as we got older they eventually didn't need to.
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 7:35 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Well first we always had a candy trade to get the things that we didnt want to share then it all went in a big bag in the kitchen because we would get ants all over if it wasnt put away...we made that mistake a few years in a row..kinda sucked...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 7:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Freeze it, it lasts forever!
    nowmommyof2

Answer by nowmommyof2 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I eat it. Haha just kidding! We'll probably go with the "community bowl" thing once our son is old enough to understand. Then one piece of candy per day after dinner. I'll probably still eat a bunch of it while he's in bed though!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We put it all in a bowl (well usually 4 or more bowls) and it gets shared.
    one candy per day until they get tired of it. Then a few months later, we start passing it out again. We just finished off our Halloween Candy from last year in September!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my kids all mix the candy together...it's a lot better this way...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 9:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My kids are only two and one, so right now we dump it into a big bowl and DH/I share it. However, when they get older they will have their own specific jars to put it in and they get a couple pieces everyday. I don't believe in letting a child hide their stash in their rooms to knaw on throughout the day. Too much sugar and it throws off their appitite for actual food. However, I also don't agree in never letting them have the candy they walked around to get. So I'm standing on a middle ground to allow them their choice, but in moderation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:55 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• First real time trick or treating here. I'm hoping he'll leave most of his candy at his dad's house because he'll go out with me on Sunday.If not I guess we sort it and give most of it away.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 10:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2010