1/2 Excited, 1/2 Confused

Quick background first...

OPK's test for hormone AB, HPT's test for C, ovulation hormone is AB and pregnancy hormone is ABC, so OPK's can show a positive pregnancy

I am 10 DPO, so I know it is possible for an HPT to be positive. Last night I did an OPK strip (since I have a lot more of those than HPT's), and it came up way darker than my OPK test line last week, so here I am being all excited because of the positive result. I took an HPT this morning, and not even the faintest line. I'm thinking that the OPK, since it tests for the bigger part of the pregnancy hormone, would show a positive result sooner than an HPT would (since it tests for the smallest component). I did already call my doctor and I'm going for a blood test this afternoon when my husband gets home, but I'd like some of your opinions and/or experience with using OPK's to detect pregnancy, especially if you've have a very similar situation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• nope....most cases you will get a pos HPT first.....i would never do that and get my hopes up just to be shattered when you take the HPT
    Anonymous

• thats how i found out this year in feb
    Anonymous

• I hate those OPK's with the lines. I was never sure if they were pos or not. one day I would think they lines were the same and I was ovulating only to have one line darker the next day so I thought then I was ovulating. It can be posible that what you thought was a pos earlier was not and the second was a pos then....ug..it still confuses me! Anyway I hope you get the answer you are looking for...BTW I ended up buying one pack of the expensive digital OPK just to check the what I thought were pos line test. That worked out pretty well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on Oct. 30, 2008