Scary Movies?

What do you think of when you think scary movie? I read through the "13 scariest movies" blog on The Stir, and can't say I think ANY of the movies they had listed were even close to scary... But then, that got me thinking, what movies would I put on that list? I can think of a few, but what would YOU put there??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Entertainment

• No clue...my son and I were both watching them at like 3 and have yet to find ones we find really scary.

I know some that are great, but, never one that made me scared to be alone in the house.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• im a movie fanatic and rarely do i find a movie that makes me jump and whats with all the remakes of the movies we grew up watching like nightmare on elm street and halloween whats next a remake of leprachaun? lol
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was really afraid of "It" and "Nightmare on Elm Street" when i was a kid. I haven't watched them since!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The only two movies that I can remember scaring me at all was "Darkness Falls" and "They." There might have been another one at some point, but it takes a LOT for a movie to actually scare me. I think "The Strangers" or whatever it was called freaked me out for a little while, until about halfway through it. After that, I just thought it was stupid. I find most "scary" movies to be laughable at best. I love the Freddy movies, but none of the older horror movies scared me, either.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• "It" was my first horror movie when I was 3, I think. I grew up on horror movies, too, so I guess it's no surprise that they don't get to me.

I wish they would stop with the remakes, too! The only one that I think was any good was the remake of Friday the 13th. I hated all the original Jason movies and thought they were so stupid, but I liked that one. The remake of Nightmare on Elmstreet disgusted me,though. I'm a huge Freddy fan, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 9:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The Stand (book more than movie) scares me because I can see our government doing something that stupid. 

It but only because of Tim Curry's portrayal of Pennywise. I did not find the damn clown creepy while reading the book. That man can take creepy to the next level. Did anyone see him on Criminal Minds?? 

Let me go check out the list and I'll be back. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• OMG! That's their list of "scariest movies ever"? These people need to get out more!

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010