How do you get your 14 month old to stop pulling her earrings out?

I got my daughter's ears pierced when she was 10 months old.. Lately she's been pulling them out and I have no idea why! Is there a way to stop her? Thanks for any help!

proudmommy690

Asked by proudmommy690 at 7:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hmm i never had that problem because i got my daughters ears pierced when she was 3 weeks old.... maybe they are irritating her what kind are they sterling silver or gold?
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• She got her done at 8 weeks BTW and 'discovered' them at 2. It was down hill form there.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• perhaps she docent like them? i don't know why parents get there baby's ears pierced now a days but if its bothering you then you could try tapeing them or staying by her side and telling her no when ever she trys to pull them out, it'll be teadus and annoying but once she learns there not toys then she should stop.
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 7:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my daughter would pull hers out accidently (get it caught on stuff and they would pop out and get lost). after buying her about a million pairs of the studs i finally had a moment of genius and bought her a pair of small hoops where the post fits back inside the hoop in the back (there is no clasp....it slides into a hole in the back of the hoop so it makes a complete circle when it's closed). it was really a pain in the butt to put them in, but she has had them in for almost a year now with absolutely no problems.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I took my daughter's out. She messed with them and they just kept getting infected. So I'm just gonna let her wait until she's older and wants to go somewhere and have it done. She may be having a reaction to the foreign object in her skin. They may itch. Mine do, that's why I just don't wear them anymore.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• when you figure it out let me know. :0( my 3 year old does the SAME thing. lol. I want to get he screw back earrings for Christmas. They are 40-50 dollars at places like Belk and Sears.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• they're real gold. she was doing great for a while not messing with them..but now some how they're coming out. i don't see how she's pulling them out but she is some how.

To JazzlikeMraz: Everyone has their own opinions on getting their kids ears pierced.. she's my daughter and I wanted them done! While I do appreciate your help.. If I want my daughter's ears pierced I'll have them done! I'll be getting my 4 year olds done pretty soon..she's asking for them.. and I want them done too!
    proudmommy690

Comment by proudmommy690 (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• She's 14months old. Kids are messing w/everything at that age.
    Once she learned she could remove them, game on! lol

Maybe they itch, or the post jab her in the head?
    Or, it could just be a habit she has now. You might end up
    removing them for a while, then trying again when she's older.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 2:41 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Maybe she doesn't want them in. I think it's wrong to get a child's ears pierced without their consent. That's holes that you're putting into their body. It could be that they're uncomfortable for her and she doesn't want them in.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010