ok I dont know what to do or where to even start? adult content

Well i've been living in this house for like 4 yrs and NEVER had a roach problem! or anything.... yesterday at night we were asleep and i felt something crawling in my arm i woke up and flicked whatever it was turned on the light and it was a Roach!!! >:/ i was mortified so obviously we couldn't sleep so we proceeded to check my DDs crib just in case & to our surprise there was a lot hiding in her bedding [which i check it either way each night before i go to bed to make sure there's no spiders since i tend to be paranoid] and my DS's bed too thank god he didn't have anything.. since it was 4 am obviously i didn't sleep at all and put my DD to bed with us to keep her safe... now since we called all those pest control places its too expensive we wouldn't be able to pay a professional to do it ... so I don't know what to do or where to even begin! i'm even embarassed anyone know what works? deperate for help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Nothing to be embarrass about. we live in the woods so when its rains they come out the wood works. Try spraying with some Raid. and water do attract them
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 7:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i used boric acid, but keep it away from your pets or children
    redhead435

Answer by redhead435 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I hide roach motels under the fridge/stove/washer/dryer basically any appliance I knew a child/animal couldn't get to to get them. I got roaches from a used microwave that we got from my ex's sister. Just know that even if you bomb/spray that it doesn't effect the eggs.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Oh and don't leave any food out! Even small things like bread crumbs are a feast for those stupid things. Take cereal or other dried goods out of boxes and put them in those small rubber maid containers.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2010