Co-sleeping?

I was reading this article about how Co-sleeping is beneficial to you && the baby..
When i had my son he slept with me all the time i was aware he was there && im not that much of a crazy sleeper so it turned out great it was easy to breastfeed him as well..Now his two now an sleeps in his own bed though sometimes he does sleep with me still:)

Whats your opinion on this? It is beneficial but it has risks as well

noahsmommy-010

Asked by noahsmommy-010 at 7:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in General Parenting

• I did and will co-sleep with all my kids.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• We did just so we could get some sleep. We still do it occasionally so my son gets a full night sleep.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I coslept with DS, and now that he's 2, he still sleeps with us from about 6am on. It was especially great when we breastfed. I love watching him sleep, and when he snuggled with me or rubs my ark or plays with my face. It's all just so innocent and sweet.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I was always afraid to co-sleep but my babies were literally right across the hall. We didn't even need monitors. WE would have at least room shared if it had not been that way. I did always let them sleep on my chest between their late night and early morning feedings when they were doing those. I see no real 'problem' with it I guess... It just scared me. I am a light sleeper but DH would have rolled right over on them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I coslept with my son but should of been stricter on getting him into his room sooner, he'll be 4 Sunday. He is just now starting to stay in his own bed all night without waking up and coming to me.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 7:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Four kids and I coslept with all of them. :) I got waaaay more sleep than my non-co-sleeping friends and it made night-time breastfeeding a snap! My oldest two were in their own beds by 3, their own choice. My 3rd will be 4 in Feb and still frequently climbs in during the night. And my 4th turned 2 in June and still nurses so you know where that little one is.
    nytefae

Answer by nytefae at 7:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Four here and co-slept with all of them. My ten year old still likes to fall asleep on my bed, but will move to his when I'm ready to go to bed. I would absolutely do it again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I have 3 and have coslept with them all. The are ages 2yrs, 1yr, and 7 weeks, so sleep is VERY important to me. My 2yr sleeps in her bed all night perfectly. My 1yr old sleeps in her own bed all night and only wakes once or twice but goes back to sleep in her own bed. My 7 week old sleeps with me :)
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I co-slept with all three kids. We loved it! I did learn with the oldest that moving them to their own bed around age 12-15 months was better for us. We had an easy time transitioning the younger two, but with the oldest we let him stay too long and it as hard to get him out.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My daughter is 7 weeks old and she sleeps with us! I wouldn't have it any other way.. I feel so safe and at east knowing that she is there, and I can wake up and stare at her.. check her breathing.. check to see how she is sleeping (back, belly) and I breast feed only, so it makes it very easy for a tired mommy at 2am :) I love, love, love waking up knowing she is there and safe.. What a better way to wake in the morning then to a smiling baby! I also read an article by Dr. Sears about all of the benefits to Co-sleeping.. If done correctly it can reduce the risk of SIDS!
    maybebaby83

Answer by maybebaby83 at 8:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010