Time traveling

So after viewing a clip from a 1930 charlie chaplin movie set clip, there is what appears to be a woman holding a cell phone to her ear and talking into it. Now, I'm not saying this is true or it isnt true,but I just want others opinions on time travel in general or this video if you seen it. Seems like an interesting topic that I haven't seen on here yet!
Some are saying that this "cell phone" is actually a hearing aid which in 1930 are about the size of a hearing aid. Other skeptics point out that there wouldn't be cell towers at that time. So i'm sure there was another explanation, but still time traveling is intriguing!

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 8:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Most cell phones don't even work if you travel internationally unless you get an international plan... I wonder how much a time traveling plan would cost? Probably more than the time machine.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• lol time travel never has or will happen. God made it that way. if we were capable, we'd already have figured it out. time travel is 'not allowed', if you will, because going to the past would drastically change the future, and going to the future is impossible mostly because nobody knows the time or day when He comes back, and having the ability to go into the future would contradict that.

BUT, just for kicks, if we were able to go back in time, like you said, there were no cell phone towers, so why would she have it at her ear? she couldn't use it! If we could, i can think of a few things i would change...but those things i don't think would change my now present life. physically anyway. spiritually, it would change my present life for the better. that's another reason God doesn't allow it, so we can learn from our mistakes, ask him for forgiveness, and move on, instead of going to fix everything.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think time travel is possible but probably isnt something Ill see in my lifetime and would probably be a hidden "treasure" by government LOL.

Havent seen that Charlie Chaplin scene or anything...not a fan of his stuff but Id bet its a hearing aid device. I think if it was cell phone appearing you'd have time travel buffs all over that and it would have started years ago LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Wow! That's so cool! I can't believe I missed hearing about this on the news this morning. Was it on the news?

Here is a link about it: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-20020951-10391698.html

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I just saw the video on Yahoo. My theory is that either she's crazy (she was talking to someone or something, even if it was a hearing device she was holding) or if she is a time traveler (who knows what time she might have come from if she was, maybe 1,000 years from now) she was speaking into something, recording observations of the time period. More than likely she was just a half deaf, crazy old lady lol, but you never know. Some people also argue that she wouldn't have been in clothing for that time period, but if it was intentional time travel, she would have been prepared for the difference in apparel.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• It's interesting, any way you look at it.
    LadyCash

Answer by LadyCash at 2:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Who in 1930 would she talk to without any satellites reception in existence.

Unless it was something in the FAR future and something we haven't gotten to yet, but I don't think 100 yrs from now we'll still be using handheld phones.

I'm sure its something modern to the time that we just aren't aware of in our current day.

We should be having elderly people look at this, they'd be the ones most able to tell us, not us young folks who didn't live back then.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:21 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• I'm inclined to believe she's holding a hearing aid. I don't think a time traveller would be stupid enough to get caught on film, especially in 1928.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:14 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• lol time travel never has or will happen. God made it that way. if we were capable, we'd already have figured it out.
    So humans can never learn anything new? You do realise they said the same t hings about microscopic organisms, germs etc... god wouldn't make anything that humans couldn't see on thier own.

time travel is 'not allowed', if you will, because going to the past would drastically change the future, and going to the future is impossible mostly because nobody knows the time or day when He comes back, and having the ability to go into the future would contradict that.
    Traveling through time into the future just involves great changes in speed. Theoretically it's perfectly possible, no matter your personal view on religion, the science is extremely sound. Try looking at it .
    The faster you go, the slower time passes. This is basic physics.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• Time travel into the past is a lot harder... but there is absolutely nothing that stops it.

Personally, it looks like a hearing aid. she could have been talking to someone just out of shot.... Doesn't look like anything more than that.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 10:38 AM on Oct. 28, 2010