Any ideas how I can make a sweatshirt look like a meatball?

I want to make a Meatwad cartoon character costume. I need a cheap easy idea. I can make his face with black and white fabric paint, but wonder how I can make the rest look meaty.

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 8:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• get red paint and a sponge to make the meaty prints and anything really to stuff the sweatshirt.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Maybe get one of those huge foam balls from the craft store, cut it in half, spray paint it, attach one half to the front, one half to the back of the sweatshirt? Either that, or paper mache. I'm sorry, I don't know who Meatwad is, so it might not work for you. Good luck. ;)
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• well you need alot of either polyfill and some quilt batting too. put the poly-fill in the sweatshirt, and then the quilt batting will be the backing (on the inside). you could attach it to the bottom of the sweatshirt so you're not losing filling all day lol. idk how your sewing skills are, but you could even staple it lol. then you could use some yarn to tuft it (make dimples). you just put the yarn on a needle, then push the needle through all the poly-fill and through the backing. of course you have to make a knot on the end of the yarn lol. then pull it tight and make a knot on the back side (through the batting). that's how i would do it.....hope i explained it clearly to you lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• http://mypartyshirt.com/meatwad-costume  Looking at this may help.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

• A garbage bag with arm holes stuffed with quilt batting
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010