this has really been bothering me.....i'm trying to understand the people who protest at soldier's funerals.

everytime i think about it, i literally get sick to my stomach. i just don't understand how they think it's ok to protest outside of a soldier's funeral. where there are parents grieving for their dead child.....children grieving for their dead parent, etc. i just don't understand where they're coming from. i know they don't agree with the war, etc. but i really am at a loss as to how someone could think this is a good idea. does anyone on here agree with them (the protesters)? i really want to understand where they're coming from. i even tried to look at a special about it on tv, but basically all the questions the reporter asked them were answered by songs about the soldiers burning in hell. so they didn't even explain it themselves really (actually it lead me to believe they're all nuts). anyone? this has been bothering me for a long time

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I AGREE!!!! Its sick.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I think they're all nuts. And so full of hatred, they don't care about hurting people. All that matters to them is spreading their hatred.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• There is no sense in trying to understand why these people do this. They're despicable, soulless creatures.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I Agree!! Do they not realize that they wouldn't even have the right to protest if it wasn't for the soldiers (all military) that fight and die to protect their freedoms!! GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!
    In my personal opinion people that act like that should be the ones on the ground in the middle east, see how they feel then!!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 8:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do not understand it either. I guess it is religious based. Some  weird religion.

Answer by louise2 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The only thing that really suprises me is that nobody has attacked one of them yet.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 8:10 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i know they don't agree with the war, etc.

no, you don't know. they are not war protesters, they are hateful anti-gay bigots who protest at military funerals, teens funerals, etc., claiming it's all because this country is too tolerant of gays.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• it's very sad. but they have right to protest. I just wish they would protest outside their church instead of at funerals.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

Answer by autodidact 2 minutes ago

-----------------------------
    Exactly...and they follow their leader , a Leader who is not eally a good man, not really a normal Christian. ANd he has them so controlled they do not think for themselves. They parrot him. They do not use the brain God gave them. THAT s the biggest flaw in organized religion: The fact that the members of the church will stop thinking and be intimidated by the Preacher and adopt his way of thinking.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It's disgusting.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010