anyone know of other places for Maternity pics? & ideas?

I already took some at Jcpenny but, i didn't really like them :( i was thinking as ideas; wearing like a cute babydoll that has like a slit in the front for my belly to pop out lol... when i get my 7 mos maternity pics... since it's going to be my last pregnancy.... i want to make it special....

mommyof2chasmin

Asked by mommyof2chasmin at 8:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have some friends who have taken some really nice outdoor pictures lately. Not maternity, but family and engagement and they look beautiful. I would suggest doing something a little different than usual. Try looking up independent photographers in your area- good luck!!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My mom is a photographer and did mine....but I was 1000 miles away for my first pregnancy. So just incase, at 7 months I went to Olan Mills. I had on black stretchy dress pants. And a button down shirt. I had the shirt opened. I stood with my arms behind my back, crossed, and held a large fake flower with a lot of petals in my hand so that it was sticking out right behind my back. Does that make sense? It was kind of laying on my hip bone. I put this pic in black and white. It is a fave of me and in a frame. Had my mom did it, I would have had her make just the flower baby blue (since it was a boy), they call it a color burst, and the rest of the pic black and white. But I hope that is a good idea.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• btw, I was obviously standing up.
    This is your last pregnancy, you said. Did you think of including your other kids, and having their hands on your belly? My mom did this for her one friend who had 2 little ones and then had her third pregnancy. Those little tiny hands on her belly were adorable.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Any department store with a photo studio can do maternity shots for you. However, your best bet is to look through local photographers in your area that will give you more attention to what you want.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i think the poloriods are just wonderful they are realistic :) but try ur local walmart or mall
    mama2jaybub

Answer by mama2jaybub at 10:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2010