does anyone know where to get help

i have a 3 year old and need help with the up coming holidays

MOMSBABY31

Asked by MOMSBABY31 at 8:28 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Holidays

• children and family services, salvation army, local churches
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i called all them they told me it was to late to get help and i have nothing and its so sad
    MOMSBABY31

Comment by MOMSBABY31 (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• try a local church
    DeZ143

Answer by DeZ143 at 8:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• try your local Marine Corps League
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 8:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• United Way does something through the school around here. A family sponsors you and buys you stuff....or multiple people buy for you. I think it all depends on your level of need. I would check with your local school district or even the Division of Family & Children or possible the WIC office. They may be able to direct you in the right direction.

I also know that somehow (I dont know how i was not around) but the police officers took my SD shopping one year.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Salvation Army has a program. Your local DHS office may have a list of places that can help. Local Churches or not for profit orginizations.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:18 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Contact your local ministerial alliance. Our church sponsors lots of kids at the holidays.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Try Toys for Tots or a local church
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 4:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2010

• We're in teh same situation as you. We have 3 boys. Hubby lost his job in september, thankfully he was only out of work for 3 weeks. But it put us sooo much further behind. We have no help in our area. The salvation army already had their sign ups and aren't taking anymore people, I've emailed our local toys for tots and haven't heard anything from them yet. Our local department social services (food stamps/welfare office) and WIC have no resources for holiday help.

You can try calling local churches, some of them might be willing to help. I know in our area they help their "own" first (and freely tell you this when you call), they take your info and tell you IF they can help you, you'll get a call the WEEK before Christmas.

I'm not writing this to be negative, I'm doing this so that people see that not all areas offer help for families. Some areas are more family/neighbor friendly than others.
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 4:41 PM on Oct. 28, 2010