How can I work from home?

mokena910

Asked by mokena910 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would highly suggest Mary Kay. It does take a little investment to begin, but as long as you plan your work and work your plan, you have endless potential on how much you can earn. Not to mention the potential of earning free cars. I just love it. I love staying home with my children- of course there is holding parties and facials, but you can make great money with just a few hours of work a week.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I sell Avon it only takes ten dollars to sign up and your first 4 orders you get 40% off among other perks.If you are interested e-mail me at hoernerlori@homail.com
    minnesotamom750

Answer by minnesotamom750 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• It is really hard to find a legit work from home job. Selling Avon and Mary Kay products is not really a "work from home" job. In order to be successful, you have to do A LOT of networking, parties, and invest a lot of money and time into it.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I work from home...but I do have to work out of my home too. I am a lia sophia jewelry advisor. I just got started. So far it has not taken a lot of money. I paid for my starter kit and since then have only ordered supplies once. Especially in the beginning they have a lot of incentives to help you earn your display. And all the jewelry in your display is yours to keep! There is A LOT of networking, but they really make it pretty easy. You have the support from your recruiter, team, and home office. And there is free easy training opportunities as well that you can do on your own when its convienent for you. You do have to do parties outside of your home if you expect to really do well, but you can do catalog/online shows too. My cousin did her first two shows as catalog shows and they were pretty successful. If you have questions, please message me and I would be happy to answer your questions!
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• avoid pyramid scams! I'm surprised I havent see any "I work from home and makes tons of money, pm me for more info" replies lol.
    Avoid the ads you see in American Classifieds like "stuff envelopes at home and make $1,000 a week"....
    Some companies offer wah positions (like csr positions or doing paperwork) but usually only if you have worked with them for a certain amt of time. If you are really experienced at a certain craft you can sell on etsy, craigslist, ebay, rent tables at craft fairs, sometimes even sell stuff at a local store. You could babysit.....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.cosmeticsdatabase.com
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:30 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do PrePaid Legal.
    The company has been in business for almost 40 yrs, trades on the NYSE, and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. They also just made the Forbes Magazine top 100 small business list !
    www.maryjacobs.buildlastingsuccess.com

I was able to quit my part time job within the first month and it paid for my vacation in cash a few months after I joined. And no inventory to handle or parties.
    GOOD LUCK !
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 9:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I just started as a Designer with Celebrating Home, they have two options to choose from. I chose my start up for $39 and have been having catalog shows, you can also have people hold eparties. I don't carry any inventory and once a show is completed the customers merchandise is delivered directly to their home. You can take a look at the items we offer at www.celebratinghime.com/sites/53080466 and find out more info on signing up.
    Sweetie564

Answer by Sweetie564 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I work from home doing fun parties selling relationship enhancement producs www.jamilled.pureromance.com
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 10:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• The first thing you would need to do is to decide what it is you enjoy.  Do you enjoy selling, talking on the phone, working on the computer, writing, babysitting, cleaning, etc?  Then you need to sit down and put a plan of action together.  There are jobs you can do from home, mostly working from your computer, but they do require as much time as you would be spending away from your family as an actual job.  Most companies require that you have a dedicated working space, which is free from noise and distractions- that means you would still need to find sitting arrangements for your children.  If you enjoy selling, consider eBay.  I have had great success with buying from thrift stores, second hand stores, garage sales and even clearance racks, then reselling on eBay. 

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010