Do you think "going organic" is just a trend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not to say that it isn't beneficial in some ways, but yes it itself is a trend. "Going Green" is a trend as well. The whole thing was based off of "Global warming", stemming from the failure of the "Hole in the Ozone layer" scare. It is just another way for the media, evironmentalists, and in some part the government to have a strong hold on this country through THEIR beliefs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do and expensive oneat that,but that is just my opion
    minnesotamom750

Answer by minnesotamom750 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Absolutely not! I'm in my last undergrad semester right now, and just for credits I decided to take a Holistic Health class.. I'm so happy I did. We just watched a video today about what is happening to non-organic foods in America- genetically modified foods. It's nasty stuff, do some research! Scientists take markers from bacteria, viruses, and antibiotics so they can inject things into plants (like corn, wheat, alfala, peas, tomatoes.. the list goes on) so that the plants are "Round-up ready" (Google the Monsanto company) and bugs won't eat them. But, then they have to spray with insecticides and other things that are known for causing birth defects and other health problems because the bugs become immune to the new plants make up. It's disgusting, and companies are not required to label their products as "genetically modified"- so this is stuff we're all ingesting every day.
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 8:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Yes! But I will say that I have bought organic before ant things usually have a better fresher taste ;)
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 9:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• what comes natural from the earth is best... like breastfeeding is best ... its how nature intended..
    our gardens shouldnt be controled like they are... and dont get me started about meat!
    I hope organic is the new path we are following..
    "going green" is just common sense IMO... how much garbage can we throw away & waist until we have no more room? How many more trees can get plowed? how much more polution can we handle?

I think sometimes people would rather ignore it & think the less they know the better.. Change is hard & usually means working harder at doing something.. or spending more $$..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• I do too. I am buying hormone free stuff, though.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Organically grown foods mean that these organic foods have been grown on land that is absent of any chemicals for a minimum of 3 years.

This is where I found that line above... in the third paragraph- second sentence.....

http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/exchange/node/1796
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• No. I don't.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• *And
    madsmom314

• In some ways yes. But in some ways, I think it is becoming more heard of because our society is so used to boxed-processed-pre made-pre packaged meals, that "going organic" is becoming obviously more healthy. I am from the country. My dad's parents and my god parents had farms where they butchered their own cows, pigs, had chicken for eggs and to eventualy butcher as well. My mom's parents also had a couple goats for the milk, which I drank a chunk of my life. Now there are so many laws and regulations on how things are produced, raised, processed....I am talking milk and meat, it's a shame. That is why organic is more expensive for one, amoung other reasons. But when my girlfriends mom offers to let me and my family in on a cow being butchered from their farm I jump, and I'm there every growing season to pick corn and other fruits made available to me to freeze and can from others farms. We have become a very lazy society.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010