Extremely nauseaus while pregnant

I am experiencing nausea very bad this time around. I have a 16 month old and my first pregnancy was a walk in the park. Everything went completely great during the pregnancy. I do not want to take medicine if I can prevent it. So, I was just wondering if anybody can give me some advice of what to do to get rid of the nausea.

caspers_ghost

Asked by caspers_ghost at 8:57 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Crackers and ginger ale helped my nausea.
    ZandCsmom1968

Answer by ZandCsmom1968 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• First, call your doctor and ask them for any advice.. I remember that taking vitamin b-15 helped me tons and tons. :( Hope you start feeling better soon!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 8:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• Mint gum.
    Eating throughout the day...like having a few crackers every hour.
    Vit B...only with doc's approval.

I finally broke down and got a Rx for Zofran...LIFESAVER!!!
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:03 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• i'm finally starting to get over my nausea...or so i hope, since i feel great today......but there's really not anything you can do to take the nausea away....umm, i tired the preggie pops, and they seemed to help....but it was just sour candy..and any kind of hard candy helped, like peppermints, and such. anything i read online trying to figure out a way to get rid of mine (i was just flat out sick with my first, and now that's she;s 28 months, it's extremely hard), said ginger of any sort. i don't like ginger, but there are ginger pills...umm, i tried saltines with both, and it didn't work. eat smaller meals more times throughout the day, so your stomach is always full,..whereas filing up on 3 big meals can make you feel more sick...eat a snack before bed, so you dont feel like you're starving when you wake up...drink water, or something before you go to sleep so you don't get dehydrated...if you get up to pee, drink a
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:08 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• nothing worked for me, not even saltine crackers and sprite. just looking at them made me nauseas i was sick for 6 months before it all finally went away...but then came the heartburn. you're probly having a boy lol :) i cried my eyes out when i found out i was pregnant with my dd 7 months after having ds. i was scared to death, i did NOT want to be so sick again. but it was great though. she gave me no symptoms...oh how i loved that pregnancy.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• little then...umm, i know it's extremely tough to rest with a toddler...but maybe try to lay down on the couch while your little one plays in the floor....again i know it's really hard to get rest, believe me i've been up and down with my lo and alot of times, doing that made it worse. if you feel like you can't get through the day, then call the doc and see what they say....one thing that helped me (other than the preggie pops), was oranges....it sounds nasty, but sucking the juice out of them helped for some reason and the smell of them worked too. good luck..i feel your pain! :)
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:11 PM on Oct. 27, 2010