When did you children start taking showers?

My son is 9 and just started taking them this week.

ZandCsmom1968

Asked by ZandCsmom1968 at 9:01 PM on Oct. 27, 2010 in Just for Fun

• between 7 & 8.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 9:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• You mean on their own clean themselves in a shower rather than a tub? Or being in a shower? My babies are 1 and 2 and have been at my feet almost every day while I shower since they have been strong enough to sit up well. I bath them at night as part of our routine, but somedays in the a.m. I put them in there with me. Because I can't get up to do it alone, as the noise wakes them, which is why I also can't wait for nap time. The bathroom is on the other side of the bedroom wall.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:04 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My 3 and 5 year old girls take showers. The first time I put my swim suit on and took a shower with them so they wouldn't be scared. Now they love it. My 6 year old son is scared to shower so my husband is going to do as I did with the girls to see if it works!!!
    BEST OF LUCK
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 9:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My SD was 7.5. My SS was 4 or 5. And my DD has started taking them with me - she is 2. I give her baths if I am not getting a shower myself.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My son was around 10. My daughter, 7, still takes baths.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my kids are 2 & 3, they take them every now and then....ds when he was a baby would always get in the shower with us, when dd was 1 is when they started bathing together, and they like taking showers. they don't all the time, but they do :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my 3 year old loves to shower, I of course supervise her closely in the shower andbath. Her brothers started at about 7.
    gratefulangel77

Answer by gratefulangel77 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• My son started taking showers around 5 or 6.
    christy_lvr

Answer by christy_lvr at 9:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my daughter started showers at about 2.5...because by then, her hair was already down to her bum..so its the only way i liked washing it (i was in the bathroom the whole time..shes started showering by herself by 4..(but i would still wash her hair)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 9:12 PM on Oct. 27, 2010

• my son takes showers and will bathe himself and has been for a bit he is 3 now
    acastle2

Answer by acastle2 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 27, 2010