I have crohns and I was woundering if it could be causeing me to lose my babys that i have lost in the past? Does crohns cause miscarages?

mamatrucken

Asked by mamatrucken at 1:42 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I can't say for certain, but my cousins wife has crohns and she has had a few miscarages as well. But she did eventually go on to have two healthy daughters.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 1:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I'd speak to your doctor about this. They should know that you have Chrons if you're trying to conceive.
    Anonymous

• yes speak to your doctor because it would depend on if you are in remission or having flare ups, etc, and your doctor definitely needs to know you have Chrohns
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:03 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• I"m not sure, but I can say that my mom actually has it.. and both me and my brother came out perfectly healthy..
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Is pregnancy safe for women with Crohn’s disease?
    Research has shown that the course of pregnancy and delivery is usually not impaired in women with Crohn’s disease. Even so, women with Crohn’s disease should discuss the matter with their doctors before pregnancy. Most children born to women with Crohn’s disease are unaffected. Children who do get the disease are sometimes more severely affected than adults, with slowed growth and delayed sexual development in some cases.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 3:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• Mu hubby has Crohn's but I am not sure how it affects women. I believe that I read that women with Crohn's can safely carry babies, but your OB should definitely know and can give you better answers that we can. I am curious to the answer myself. Can you keep me updated?
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 11:46 AM on Nov. 5, 2008