How do you work out with a baby around?

I was going to buy a treadmill bc I want to work out but cant seem to do that with a baby...So I thought I could just hop on the treadmill while hes asleep.
But do you have any other ideas?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 1:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Put him in his stroller and go for a walk around the neighborhood. If it's too cold, try walking around your local mall or Wal-mart. Also, you could put the baby in his playpen or exersaucer while you walk on your treadmill. Another thing that's good and quick is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVD's and videos. They are an excellent workout,they are 30 minutes or less ( most of them are about 20 minutes) and you can get them dirt cheap on www.half.com. Again, you can put the baby in a playpen or saucer and let him watch you while you workout.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:04 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• There are workouts and yoga poses you can do WITH the baby. I have seen classes at gyms and dvds in the stores.
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 2:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2008

• If you have Comcast (or something similar, where it has channels designed for one reason and a choice of on-topic shows), check out the Exercise Channel. You click on it and it becomes an on Demand channel, that has free shows. Something you can do is to pick some that you like and do those during your child's nap. If you're a SAHM with kids in school, you can do this throughout the day (if you really want; just be sure to drink water all day) while the kids are at school. I was going to try and find a listing for the channel, but I can't. It's called Exercise TV; in Denver (at least), it's channel 218.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2008